This is a resource book that serves both as a theoretical and a practical guide in developing twenty-first century competencies that leads the students to explore, experiment, question, and discover in the light of contemporary issues and challenges across the globe.
Level/s: Senior High
- As a guide, it provides a conceptual understanding of trends, networks, strategies, and meaning-making.
- T he Textbook also serves the twin goals of introducing the students to the various issues and challenges that confront the contemporary world as well as providing them with the conceptual and analytical tools such as social mapping, social analysis, higher order thinking, and strategic assessment that are essential in enhancing their critical thinking and appreciation of contemporary issues and challenges.
- T he Textbook takes a thematic approach and analyzes broad topics or themes at various levels of analysis, namely, at the state, regional, and global levels. It focuses on themes relating to migration, climate change, democratization, governing the economy, and politics of identities.
- T hrough case studies and writeshop activities included in the textbook, students can learn how to analyze a situation, assess available data, solve problems, build scenarios, make judgments, and extract learnings.
- Trends, Networks, and Critical T hinking in the 21st Century textbook complies with the requirements of the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum of the Department of Education (DepEd).