This book is a pre-university worktext in biology designed to provide a comprehensive introduction of the basic and relevant concepts and principles in the study of living things.
Level/s: Senior High
- It provides up-to-date information on life processes from the molecular, cellular, and organismic levels of organization.
- Contextualized, relevant, environment-focused content, cutting-edge researches, and practical information are embedded in every chapter to prepare students for real-life science.
- Laboratory or classroom-based science activities are provided for students to practice and enhance their scientific investigation skills.
- With the declaration of the 21st century as the era of the life sciences, the book starts with advances in biology as parts of everyday living before introducing the cell, its structures and functions, and how it divides. The chemical nature of the cell and its organelles are then introduced, followed by the detailed examination of the various processes involved in the transformation of energy. The formation of tissues and organ systems are likewise included in this book.
- Time-tested features of ELTS are included to ensure student-centered learning as defined in the K to 12 science curriculum and to ensure that it is responsive to the needs of the Filipino learner in the 21st century.
General Biology 1: 2017
General Biology 2: 2017