Chess for Filipino Children was conceptualized by the former Chairman of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Br. Rolando Dizon, in response to the Department of Education’s (DepEd) Chess in School Program.
This book contains the following features:
- Chess made easy; simplified lesson presentation with visual illustrations
- Provides students with realistic and doable learning experiences through age-appropriate exercises
- Includes lesson suggestions or teaching tips through the portion, “To the Teacher”
- Provides questions for self-reflection for a more meaningful learning experience through the portion, “Guide Questions”
- Is accredited as a supplementary classroom textbook by Assistant Secretary Dr. Teresita Inciong