The 21st Century Mathematics series challenges learners’ math competencies and interest to the fullest with mastery‑oriented lessons on the four fundamental operations, on problem solving, and on computers.
Level/s: Preschools A, B, and C; Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
The 21st Century Mathematics series includes more advanced math concepts with emphasis on problem solving. Innovative and up-to-date, it lays the foundation that develops skilled mathematicians as it:
- emphasizes mastery of basic operations;
- offers introductory concepts and activities in computer education and exercises on the wise use of calculators; and
- highlights a section titled Think and Try, which enhances pupils’ logical-and-critical-thinking skills through
challenging but amusing activities and problems.
The Worktext showcases the following features:
- Focus on skills development: Offers goal-oriented lessons and exercises that intensively develop and reinforce mastery of a particular skill
- Repetitive practice for efficient learning and understanding: Provides immediate and rigorous practice with preliminary and continuous drills, enabling you to render maximum supervision and check pupils’ errors before they begin to work independently
- Emphasis on problem solving: Enables pupils to apply basic math concepts in solving problems and to extend the use of these concepts in a variety of situations
The Teachers Guide supplies reinforcement and enrichment activities and specifies the length of time needed to complete a particular lesson. Further discussion of some math concepts plus other interesting activities are also provided to help you teach the lessons more effectively.
Preschool A: 1995
Preschool B: 1996
Preschool C: 1997
Grade 1: 1995
Grade 2: 1995
Grade 3: 1995
Grade 4: 1995
Grade 5: 1995
Grade 6: 1995