The Chinese language, along with the rapid development of China’s economy, is becoming increasingly popular in the world. Offering Chinese language courses to Filipinos will serve as a bridge to communicate information and exchange ideas between different people and cultures.
Level/s: High School
A vital tool in learning Mandarin!
This book, Pinӯin Yu Hanzi: Introduction to Pinyin and Chinese Characters, is a collaborative effort of both Filipino and Chinese educators committed to the ideals of producing better equipped Filipinos ready to cope with the demands of globalization, through the knowledge of the Chinese language as a potent tool.
- The book’s contents are basic pronunciation (initial sounds, final sounds, and combinations) and beginning writing (simple strokes and sample characters). It follows a format that is the same throughout each session. Each lesson progresses with no new instruction and is primarily a buildup from the previous lessons.
- The book contains exercises that cover the content discussed. All the answers to the exercises are part of the lessons.
- The book can also be used by any English-speaking Mandarin teacher. It is most suitable for a teacher who can speak both English and Mandarin for the lessons in the book to be put to maximum use and also because there is Chinese character writing involved.
With this book, students will gain confidence and proficiency in speaking Mandarin.
Mandarin Chinese or Putōnghuà is not impossible to learn if you are armed with the basic tools for learning this new language. Each lesson in this book will equip the student with the following skills:
- Learning of proper pronunciation of Chinese phonetic alphabet
- Practice writing of basic Chinese strokes
- Recognizing basic Chinese characters
- Learning and practicing conversational Putōnghuà