Harnessing English Arts Today Learning Series (HEARTS) has a number of special features to aid teachers and learners in the exploration of language, literature, and research.
The literary selections are chosen carefully for their enduring literary worth and for their ability to promote values, bring amusement, and develop literary appreciation in students. Reader-friendly, the topics are arranged thematically and culled from great works of both classic and contemporary authors.
Level/s: 7, 8, 9, and 10
Take pleasure in reading the best literacy selections.
The lessons are student-centered that allow accomplishment of task with minimum supervision from the teacher. The exploration of each lesson will enable the students to experience a comprehensive examination of the selections based on Bloom’s taxonomy of knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation.
Each textbook contains the following:
- Lesson Preview provides useful and interesting information about what to expect from the lesson. It will generate a broader interest in the students.
- About the Author sketches in brief the author’s life and works.
- Expanding Vocabulary opens each lesson with an interesting vocabulary work.
- Exploring the Text clarifies the discussion of the selections, providing a series of critical thinking questions that help the students comprehend and evaluate the text.
- Enriching Insights is a strong lesson tool for the exploration of lessons and values as well as meaningful responses to the literary selections.
- Enhancing Skills is a final discussion element that presents challenging activities.
- Key Learning synthesizes key points in each lesson.
- My Personal Response allows the students to express freely their thoughts, feelings, and experiences through guided sentence completion.
Includes topics that are arranged thematically and culled from great works of both classical and contemporary authors!
Grade 7: 2013
Grade 8: 2013
Grade 9: 2014
Grade 10: 2014