The second book in a new series for Social Studies in English for Philippine high schools, Asian History and Civilizations textbook offers very rich, thematic, and well-organized lessons on Asian history, its culture, and civilizations.
Level/s: High School
This book encourages the students to pursue higher cognitive activities, heighten their awareness on the situations of their Asian neighbors, and make them genuinely involved in their surroundings.
- is based on, but not limited to BEC
- offers a thematic approach to the course rather than the standard chronological approach
- presents data thoroughly
- careful sifting was done to ensure quality of information—their relevance and value to our time is a great consideration
- presents the diversity of Asian cultures, peoples, histories, and traditions, which enchant the world for many centuries
- connects the distant histories to the experiences of the Filipino students today by grounding these in the Philippine setting and experiences
- makes the students feel their affinity with their Asian brothers and sisters
- encourages students to use other sources like the library, almanacs, and other references; and avail of their community resources even from different government agencies like the National Statistics Office, the Department of Foreign Affairs, etc.
With this textbook, history becomes a very interesting part of the students’ lives!